The Internet is in constant change so needless to say Internet statistics may differ from each other from one year to another. Rather than leave you with old or irrelevant data to reference and share, we regularly revisit and revise our list of Internet facts.
Not only are the holidays right around the corner, but your businesses' performance during peak season can either help or hurt your bottom line. Here are some consumer statistics to replace the sugarplums dancing in your head as the weather cools down.
1. In the United States, 72% of consumers say that free shipping greatly impacts their ordering decision. Want to cut down on how many carts are abandoned on your website? Offer free shipping or retarget consumers with a free shipping discount code and watch your abandoned cart numbers fall.
2. 2019 was the first holiday season to surpass the trillion dollar mark in retail sales. COVID-19 was the cherry on top of retail sales, and more than ever, online sales are bustling. If your company's ecommerce capabilities are not top notch, consider a website makeover ASAP.
3. According to Deloitte, early bird shoppers who holiday shop before Thanksgiving spend more than last-minute shoppers. What does that mean for you? Get that marketing campaign up and running now! Catch big profits and then ride the wave through the New Year when other companies are scrambling to make year-end goals.
4. According to Statista, about 45% of sales come from mobile shoppers...if your website is not optimized for mobile use, you're wrong. You could be missing out on almost half of potential sales.
5. According to Google, searches for "free shipping" increase as the delivery window closes for packages to make it in time for Christmas. So what should you do? Revisit your contracts with your carriers and negotiate your shipping rates so offering free shipping is possible. Not comfortable with negotiating? 3PLs like iDrive Logistics specialize in cutting shipping costs and tailoring your agreement to your business needs.
One-size-fits-all does NOT work in shipping.You might be wondering why a 3PL that specializes in carrier contract optimization cares about your business's holiday performance. That's because your shipping processes and carrier contracts are foundational to your profit margin and the satisfaction of your customers.
E-Commerce Statistics 2022
1. An estimated 2.14 billion people will shop online in 2022. (Statista)
2. 47% of all purchases are done online. (Think with Google)
3. In Q2 2020, 31% of online sales took place on mobile devices. (comScore State of Retail)
4. Worldwide retail eCommerce sales is projected to reach $4.88 trillion in 2022. (Statista)
5. Retail eCommerce sales is projected to grow to 6.54 trillion US dollars in 2022. (Statista)
6. Amazon alone sold $275.86 billion in goods in 2019. $160 billion of it came from marketplace merchants. (Digital Commerce 360 2019 eCommerce in review report)
7. 83% of U.S. consumers leveraged data from e-commerce websites to inform their retail shopping experiences. (Think with Google)
8. The average online order value varies depending on the device:
- Desktop: $179.98
- Tablet: $87.01
- Smartphone: $79.33
- Other: $70.95
9. 50% of consumers say free shipping is the #1 factor when deciding whether to make a purchase. (comScore State of Retail)